Tired of the boring fried fish you always have on your meal? This soy-ginger salmon is refreshingly new and yet savory. Delight your usual meal with this dish using your same old favorite salmon fish. Plus, you don’t have to order in different or your suki restaurant just to have a good fish meal, you can do it yourself in your home. Well, cooking fish may be smelly, but in this recipe, you can get rid of the unpleasant odor using ginger. Hence your food was not just tasty and a little bit spicy because of ginger, but also smells great. So try this recipe now, and fill your kitchen with the lovely aroma and at the same time have a delicious dish on your table.
- 4 skinless fresh wild salmon fillets (6 ounces each and about 1-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder*
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- chopped scallions for garnish
- Bring the water to a gentle boil in a large saucepan and drop in the salmon.
- Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on size.
- It can cook very fast so watch it carefully as it is best to err on the side of undercooking rather than overcooking. If it is undercooked, you can always throw it in for an extra minute or two.
- Fish is done when the flesh has turned from translucent to opaque and, rather than feeling squashy to the touch like raw fish, it feels slightly springy. It should still be juicy. Fish that is resistant and flaky is overdone.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan combine all sauce ingredients and cook for 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken and coats the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- Using a wide slotted spatula, remove salmon from water place on a plate, spoon sauce on top, sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve.
Easy Related Posts
Timplang Negosyo ng Calamares
https://youtu.be/0-NsgY_hNSg Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Squid (clean and cut into ring) 2 cups of All-purpose flour ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
How to Cook Cheesy, Juicy & Creamy Baked Shrimp
https://youtu.be/BAsgMBdk-6s Ingredients ¼ cup bread crumbs 12 pcs Tiger Shrimps/Big ½ cup butter 1 tbsp Chopped ...read more
How to Cook Filipino Style Seafood Paella
https://youtu.be/YK9CDkrzY_Y Ingredients ¼ kilo mussel (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo clam shells (pre-cooked) ¼ kilo squid ¼ cup ...read more