- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 16 ounces beer
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon or stone-ground mustard
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the carrot, onion, and garlic; saute 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes until the flour turns golden brown.
- Combine the milk and half-and-half. Slowly pour into flour mixture, whisking constantly until combined.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the beer and mustard. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently until foam subsides.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes until thick. Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese a handful at a time. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Source : Wanderlust Kitchen
Easy Related Posts
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more
Egg Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/8u-5KpGPve4 Ingredients 8 pcs Boiled egg ½ cup mayonnaise 1 pc red bell pepper ( small ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Super Easy Yema Spread
https://youtu.be/w0Lvzip2tUw Ingredients: 2 pcs. Egg Yolks 1 can of Condensed Milk 1 pack of Cream ...read more