- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 16 ounces beer
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon or stone-ground mustard
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the carrot, onion, and garlic; saute 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes until the flour turns golden brown.
- Combine the milk and half-and-half. Slowly pour into flour mixture, whisking constantly until combined.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the beer and mustard. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently until foam subsides.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes until thick. Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese a handful at a time. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Source : Wanderlust Kitchen
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Cordon Bleu Sauce
https://youtu.be/As1kYw_9zi4 Ingredients: 2 cups of Fresh Milk Parsley ½ Lemon ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese 1 small ...read more
Homemade Sukang Cebu (Pinakurat)/Spiced Vinegar
https://youtu.be/nnoJ2_ycuCk Ingredients: 1 Liter Coconut Vinegar/Tuba ½ cup Fish Sauce 3 tbsp. Sugar 1 big Onion 1 big Garlic 10 – 20 ...read more
How to Make Carbonara Sauce
https://youtu.be/H54pb5m9NTo Ingredients: 2 pack Nestle Cream 1 cup Fresh milk 1 can mushroom 1 pack Parmesan cheese 200 grams slice Bacon 200 ...read more
How to Cook Sopas / Creamy Chicken Macaroni Soup
https://youtu.be/6TiHC4KBMNg Ingredients: ½ kilo Macaroni Noodles ½ kilo chicken ½ kilo cabbage / repolyo 1 carrot 3 cloves garlic 1 onion 1 tablespoon ...read more