- 2 1/4 cups (270 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) cold butter, diced
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- chilled water
- 4 oz (113 grams) Cheese
- In a food processor add the flour, butter, egg and salt. Pulse for a few seconds to 1 minutes or until it resembles crumbs.
- Slowly add a few drops of chilled water until it comes together in ball.
- Take the dough out, wrap it in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- When the dough is cold, turn the oven on. Preheat to 400F.
- On a slightly floured surface roll the dough into a 12 X15″ rectangle.
- Brush one half of the dough with a little water and grate around 2 oz Jarslberg cheese on top of it. Cover with the other half and press gently to make sure there are no big air bubbles in between.
- Grate some more Jarlsberg cheese on top. Using a pizza cutter cut the cheese sticks.
- Place the cheese sticks on 2 baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Source here