Adobong Atay at Balunbalunan is a delicious Filipino dish made by simmering chicken liver, gizzard in a sauce consist of soy sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic, ginger, bay leaf, sugar, pepper, oil and chilies. Adobong atay balunbalunan is a quick version of our classic adobo which has a unique grainy and slightly rubbery textures from the star ingredients of the dish.
- 1/2 k. chicken gizzard
- 1/2 k chicken liver
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 3 bay leaf
- 3-5 pcs. chili pepper
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- Cut in to halves and remove hard inner lining of chicken gizzard, cut chicken liver into serving pieces.
- Wash thoroughly the chicken gizzard and liver and drain keep aside.
- Put in gizzard first in a sauce pan, pour in 5-6 cups of water, add in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, onion, ginger, pepper corns and bay leaf bring to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken gizzard are tender.
- Add in the chicken liver and chili, cook for another 5-10 minutes or until cooked and sauce thickens to nearly dry, season with salt as if required.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
How to Cook Chicken Adobo Recipe
https://youtu.be/jfCjgSLFPxY Ingredients: 1 kilo Chicken 1 ¼ cup Soy Sauce ½ cup Vinegar 3 tbsp. Sugar ...read more
Sweet And Sour Chicken Wings Recipe
INGREDIENTS: 2 pounds chicken wings 4 cups Sweet and Sour World Harbors Marinade divided 1 ...read more