Adobong Pusit is a tasty squid dish cooked using the popular Filipino adobo method. Squid is first boiled in soy sauce and vinegar then later sautéed in garlic, onions and tomatoes; this brings in an awesome array of flavors that will surely activate your taste buds.
- 1 pound squid (pusit)
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pull out head, tentacles, innards and transparent ribs from the body of the squid.
- Cut off tentacles just above the eyes and discard innards and transparent ribs.
- Wash and drain bodies and tentacles.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, water, sugar and bay leaf. Marinate squids in this mixture for 1 hour. Drain. Save marinade
- Saute onions in hot oil.
- Add drained squids, saute until the juices evaporates (about 10-12 minutes).
- Strain marinade, add to sauteed squids.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more