- 1/2 lb ampalaya (bitter melon or bitter gourd)
- 1 tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 scallion
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 4 tbsp veg oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Trim away the two pointed ends of the ampalaya and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the pale, seeded section with a spoon and discard it. Cut the darker green outer shells crosswise, at a slight diagonal, into 1/4 inch wide strips. Prepare a solution of 2 cups water and 1 tbsp salt in a bowl. Put the ampalaya strips into this bowl and set aside for 2 hours.
- Drain the ampalaya and rinse the strips under running water. Drain again and pat dry.
- Cut the scallion into 2 inch lengths and then cut each section lengthwise into thin strips. Peel the onions and cut them in half lengthwise; then slice them into fine half rings.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium flame. When hot, put in the garlic, fry until garlic is light brown. Add the onions. Stir and fry for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Stir and fry 2 minutes. Add ampalaya, turn down the heat. Stir occasionally and fry around 10 minutes or until ampalaya is tender. Stir in beated eggs and the salt. Stir and cook as you would scrambled eggs until eggs have reached a consistency you like. Remove from heat, add scallion strips and serve.
Recipe and Image: Carinderia.net
Easy Related Posts
Banana Milo Dessert
https://youtu.be/i6AUBbWuqz4 Ingredients: 1 cup milo powder 1/4 cup cornstarch 1 cup evaporated milk 1/4 cup of ...read more
Puso ng Saging Gawing Burger Fatty
https://youtu.be/UDLmqFgOXNk Ingredients: Banana Flower/blossom 2 pc. Onion slice mince 7 cloves of Garlic slice mince 1 ...read more
How to Make Ensaladang Talong
https://youtu.be/yf5khQVGlwE Ingredients: 4 pcs grill eggplant 2 pcs medium tomatoes chopped 1 medium onion minced ...read more
How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/EaM236WSOUo Ingredients: 1 kilo of Ground Pork 100 pcs. Lumpia wrapper 2 pcs. Carrot 2 pcs. ...read more