- 1/2 lb ampalaya (bitter melon or bitter gourd)
- 1 tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 scallion
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 4 tbsp veg oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Trim away the two pointed ends of the ampalaya and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the pale, seeded section with a spoon and discard it. Cut the darker green outer shells crosswise, at a slight diagonal, into 1/4 inch wide strips. Prepare a solution of 2 cups water and 1 tbsp salt in a bowl. Put the ampalaya strips into this bowl and set aside for 2 hours.
- Drain the ampalaya and rinse the strips under running water. Drain again and pat dry.
- Cut the scallion into 2 inch lengths and then cut each section lengthwise into thin strips. Peel the onions and cut them in half lengthwise; then slice them into fine half rings.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium flame. When hot, put in the garlic, fry until garlic is light brown. Add the onions. Stir and fry for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Stir and fry 2 minutes. Add ampalaya, turn down the heat. Stir occasionally and fry around 10 minutes or until ampalaya is tender. Stir in beated eggs and the salt. Stir and cook as you would scrambled eggs until eggs have reached a consistency you like. Remove from heat, add scallion strips and serve.
Recipe and Image: Carinderia.net
Easy Related Posts
Ginisang Sayote Recipe
https://youtu.be/hjAd55MrcEc Ingredients 2 pcs sayote ( julienne cut) 1 pc small carrot ( julienne cut) 2 ...read more
Stir Fry Okra with Salted Eggs Recipe
https://youtu.be/by1ND-ViVuw Ingredients 3 bundle of okra 1 salted egg 3 clove garlic ½ tsp. Salt and ...read more
Potato Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/MqplGPOIf3k Ingredients Homemade Mayo Mustard Dressing (see recipes) ½ kg Potato (cut into bite size and ...read more
How to Make HOMEMADE Potato Mojos ala SHAKEYS MOJOS
https://youtu.be/zRi1MFbyYqU Ingredients 3 pcs Potato ( carefully wash and cut 1 inch thickness) 1½ pack of ...read more