- 8 medium tart cooking apples
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 4-6 tablespoons cold water
- Peel and core apples. Combine sugar, butter, salt, and cinnamon and fill each apple with part of the mixture.
- Sift four and salt together and cut in shortening with a pastry blender. Add water, using only a small portion at a time, until mixture will hold together. Divide dough into 8 parts.
- Roll out each portion to 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface, cut into squares large enough to cover apples. Place apple on each square and bring corners together at top; moisten edges and pinch together to hold apple in place.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
Easy Related Posts
No Bake Banana Cake with Goya Chocolate
https://youtu.be/bfNpR9OQFdk Ingredients: ripe bananas (lakatan) 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking ...read more
Pansit Probinsya (Pancit Sardines) Recipe
https://youtu.be/1PJanXz5zlI Ingredients: ½ kilo of Rice noodles/Bihon 2 pcs. Sardines 1 big Onion 5 cloves of ...read more
Banana Pineapple Streusel Muffins
Ingredients: Streusel Topping: 1/2 cup sugar 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 cup ...read more
Banana Fritters with Sesame
Ingredients: 2 bananas 7 tablespoons rice flour 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ...read more