For the stock:
- 1 Whole chicken cut-up into smaller pieces
- 6 Quarts of water
- 1 Onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp. MSG
- 1 Tbs. Salt
For the rice:
- 1½ Cup of long grain rice (jasmine rice)
- 9 Cups of water
For the soup:
- 1 Large ginger peeled and sliced thinly
- 5 Cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 10 Cups of chicken stock
- 1½ Tbs. Safflower
- ½ Tbs. Ground black pepper
- ½ Tbs. MSG
- 3 Tbs. Patis (fish sauce)
- 1 Tbs. Salt
- Hard-boiled eggs*
- Fried smashed garlic
- Prepare the chicken and the stock; Rinse the chicken very thoroughly and cut it all up into smaller pieces, with the exception of the two breast halves.
- Place chicken cut-up into an 8 quart stock pot with 5 to 6 quarts of water.
- Bring water to a boil and remove scum as it rises.
- Next add the onions and salt. Cover and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- After an hour turn heat off and remove the meat from the pot.
- Place meat on a tray and let it cool off. In a large bowl, using a strainer, pour the stock and strain all the solids that are in the stock.
- Next discard the solids removed from the stock and set the stock aside.
- When chicken is finally cooled off locate one of the breast halves and one chicken thigh, de-bone, and discard the bones.
- Remove the meat from the bone by shredding the meat from the bone and saving the skin.
- Slice chicken skin into small strips and set aside.
- As for the rest of the chicken carcasses, place them in zip lock bags and freeze them to save for later cooking.
- Using the same 8-quart stockpot heat 3 Tbs. of corn oil and saute garlic until golden brown.
- Next add onions and cook until they hit the shiny stage.
- Then add ginger, chicken meat, chicken skins, black pepper, msg, and fish sauce (patis) and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice.
- While stirring constantly, let it cook for 2 minutes.
- If the rice has thickened add 2 cups of chicken stock and mix it well.
- Make sure all the lumps are smooth before adding rice to the pot.
- After the 2 minutes add 10 to 12 cups of chicken stock into the pot depending on how thick you want your
- Arroz Caldo.
- Bring it back to a simmer while mixing it constantly.
- As soon it starts to simmer add the salt, safflower, keep stirring and let it cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Finally adjust the taste by adding more salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve hot with hard-boiled eggs and topped with green onion (scallions) and fried smashed garlic.
- Drizzle it with fish sauce and calamansi. Enjoy your mouth-watering Arroz Caldo!
- In a pot add 1½ cups of rice and add 9 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium low, and let it simmer for 45 minutes un-covered.
- Stir the rice frequently to avoid scorching. Set aside.
The Hard-Boiled Eggs:
- Add eggs into a small pot and cover with water until it’s about half an inch from the top of the eggs.
- Boil for 15 minutes (10 minutes for soft boiled).
- This might sound silly, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t know how to properly cook hard-boiled eggs.
- People say that you should just leave it boiling long enough for it to cook.
- That is somewhat true, but the problem is if you leave it cooking too long you will have a hard time de-shelling the eggs as the membrane between the eggs and the shell will act like glue.
- You will wind up with pretty torn up eggs.
For the Fried Garlic:
- Peel and smash 8 cloves of garlic.
- Set aside.
- Over medium low heat, heat oil in a small frying pan and add smashed garlic until dark golden brown.
- Transfer the garlic onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain the oil and set aside.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Pinoy Pancake / Hotcake with Royal
https://youtu.be/RQmcMFYfE8g Ingredients: 2 cups of Flour 1 small Royal Soft drinks 1 cup of Water ...read more
How to Make Banana Steam Cupcake / Banana Puto
https://youtu.be/6CP9QoGXah0 Ingredients: 3 – 4 pcs. ripe Bananas 1/2 kg all-purpose flour 1 tbsp baking powder ...read more
Crispy Cheesy Hotdog (Bite Size Sandwich)
https://youtu.be/baNOLg7xqcs Ingredients: Hotdog Cheese White Bread/Tasty 1 Egg 1 cup Flour 2 cups Bread Crumbs Salt and Pepper Cooking Oil for Frying Procedures: Flattened the ...read more
How to Make Puto Cheese
https://youtu.be/jGm4qLWRqLA Ingredients: 2 cups flour 1 cup sugar 2 tbsp baking powder 3 pcs eggs 6 ounces evaporated milk 1 cup water 2 ...read more