Think of this recipe as the stickier, more accessible cousin of the Spanish dish paella. Glutinous rice in cooked in plenty of rich coconut milk to form a slightly sweet base that’s perfect for the numerous toppings that makes arroz a la Valenciana a viand unto itself on the dinner table. Packed with plenty of protein that will fill up your hungry family or guests—hard-boiled eggs, chicken and pork are great when slow-cooked in this dish’s combination of spices—as well as crunchy vegetables that will serve as a refreshing contrast and absorb the paprika well, this festive dish is bound to make dining special no matter what the reason, and is so much easier and less expensive to make than a panful of paella. If you’ve fretted about what to serve to truly make an occasion memorable, this dish is right for you!
- 1-1/2 cup glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 1-1/2 cup white rice
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 young chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 kg. pork, cut into serving pieces
- 2 tbsp. garlic, macerated
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 6 potatoes, quartered and fried
- 1 small can sweet peas
- 1 red-sweet pepper, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Boil the malagkit-rice mixture, salt, and coconut milk in a saucepan.
- Stir once in a while to prevent burning.
- Fry the chicken-pork pieces in hot oil; set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, and add tomato sauce.
- Add the fried meat and simmer until tender.
- Add the rice mixture; blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with hard-boiled eggs and strips of parsley. Good for 12 persons.
Source: Panlasang Pinoy Meat Recipes
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/EaM236WSOUo Ingredients: 1 kilo of Ground Pork 100 pcs. Lumpia wrapper 2 pcs. Carrot 2 pcs. ...read more
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Using Lemon Square
https://youtu.be/laBxP8ymNwA Ingredients: 12 pcs. Lemon square cheesecake 2 pcs. Alaska Cream 1 small Condensed Milk 1 ...read more
No Bake Banana Cake with Goya Chocolate
https://youtu.be/bfNpR9OQFdk Ingredients: ripe bananas (lakatan) 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking ...read more