- 1 kg ground pork (suggested proportion of fat to lean meat is 1:3)
- 1/3 cup chopped water chestnuts or turnips (singkamas)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp or 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 medium or 1 large minced onion(s) bunch of spring onions or leeks
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 g seasonings
- 50 pcs. large or 100 pcs.small wanton or siomai wrapper
- calamansi (lemon or kumquats),
- sesame oil and chilli paste (for the sauce)
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl.
- Arrange 10 wrappers in a tray, and weigh 100 g of siomai mixture. Place 2 tsp of meat in each wrapper until nothing is left unfilled. Each wrapper will have 10 grams of siomai.
- To enclose, gather up the edges of the wrapper and gently fold it so that it forms a basket shape, with the top of the filling exposed. Press lightly as you pleat each side. Or, if you don’t want to expose the filling, use a bigger wrapper. Do the same to the remaining meat mixture. – Meanwhile, boil water and brush steamer with oil.
- When the water gets to a rolling boil, arrange the siomai in the steamer and let stand for 15-20 minutes, longer for larger pieces.
- Serve with soy sauce, calamansi and sesame oil.Chilli paste is optional.
Chili Sauce for Siomai
- 1/8 kilo Chillies (Siling Labuyo)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- dried shrimp or meat finely chopped or grind (Adds more flavor but optional)
Siomai Chilli Sauce
- Combine chopped chillies, dried shrimp or meat and minced garlic then simmer for around 20 minutes or till most of the water has evaporated. Add oil, simmer and stir well.
- Put your cooked Siomai in a nice packaging when planning to sell it. Siomai can be marketed in schools, offices, or to your neighbors.
Source: Pinoy Bisnes
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/EaM236WSOUo Ingredients: 1 kilo of Ground Pork 100 pcs. Lumpia wrapper 2 pcs. Carrot 2 pcs. ...read more
How to Cook Pork Caldereta Recipe
https://youtu.be/U8bfGqiheY0 Ingredients: 1 kilo Pork Ribs Carrots Potato Tomato Sauce 1 cup Ketchup Cheese 1 tbsp. ...read more
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Lollipops
Ingredients 12 pcs lollipops (drumlets) 12 pcs streaky bacon Garlic Salt (MasterFoods) Methods Use sharp knife ...read more
Top 10 Pork Recipes
Paksiw Na Pata Recipe Ingredients: 1 large pork knuckle (about 2 lbs/1 kg) 8 cups (2 ...read more