- 500 grms pork belly, cut into cubes or any pork parts with fats
- 8 large dried shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped shallots or red onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 pcs star anise
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp rock salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper (black pepper will do)
- 1 liter water
- Soak the dried shitake mushrooms in water to soften, squeeze excess liquid then cut into strips.
- Over medium flame, heat oil in a sauce pan and fry shallots until fragrant, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add star anise and coriander. Cook for another minute.
- Add your mushrooms and pork. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until pork looses its outer pink color.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, pepper and water.
- Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Cook covered for 1.5 hours (or until pork is very tender) stirring occasionally to prevent from burning.
Source: Kusina 101
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/EaM236WSOUo Ingredients: 1 kilo of Ground Pork 100 pcs. Lumpia wrapper 2 pcs. Carrot 2 pcs. ...read more
How to Cook Pork Caldereta Recipe
https://youtu.be/U8bfGqiheY0 Ingredients: 1 kilo Pork Ribs Carrots Potato Tomato Sauce 1 cup Ketchup Cheese 1 tbsp. ...read more
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Lollipops
Ingredients 12 pcs lollipops (drumlets) 12 pcs streaky bacon Garlic Salt (MasterFoods) Methods Use sharp knife ...read more
Top 10 Pork Recipes
Paksiw Na Pata Recipe Ingredients: 1 large pork knuckle (about 2 lbs/1 kg) 8 cups (2 ...read more