- 500 grms pork belly, cut into cubes or any pork parts with fats
- 8 large dried shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped shallots or red onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 pcs star anise
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp rock salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper (black pepper will do)
- 1 liter water
- Soak the dried shitake mushrooms in water to soften, squeeze excess liquid then cut into strips.
- Over medium flame, heat oil in a sauce pan and fry shallots until fragrant, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add star anise and coriander. Cook for another minute.
- Add your mushrooms and pork. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until pork looses its outer pink color.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, pepper and water.
- Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Cook covered for 1.5 hours (or until pork is very tender) stirring occasionally to prevent from burning.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai/Negosyo Recipes
https://youtu.be/EaM236WSOUo Ingredients: 1 kilo of Ground Pork 100 pcs. Lumpia wrapper 2 pcs. Carrot 2 pcs. ...read more
How to Cook Pork Caldereta Recipe
https://youtu.be/U8bfGqiheY0 Ingredients: 1 kilo Pork Ribs Carrots Potato Tomato Sauce 1 cup Ketchup Cheese 1 tbsp. ...read more
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Lollipops
Ingredients 12 pcs lollipops (drumlets) 12 pcs streaky bacon Garlic Salt (MasterFoods) Methods Use sharp knife ...read more
Top 10 Pork Recipes
Paksiw Na Pata Recipe Ingredients: 1 large pork knuckle (about 2 lbs/1 kg) 8 cups (2 ...read more