- 2 pounds ground beef (15 to 20 percent fat content)
- 1 medium yellow onion, grated on the large holes of a box grater (about 3/4 cup), excess liquid discarded
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fine, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 7 thick-cut bacon slices
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and turn up the edges of the foil to catch the grease as the meatloaf cooks; set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients except the bacon in a large bowl. Using clean hands, mix everything until just combined (don’t squeeze or overwork the mixture).
- Transfer the mixture to the center of the prepared baking sheet. Using your hands, form it into a 9-by-5-inch loaf. Drape the bacon slices diagonally over the loaf, laying them side by side, trimming as necessary, and making sure that the entire surface of the loaf is covered. Bake until the bacon is just starting to crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°F, about 50 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil and broil until the bacon is completely browned and crisp, about 3 minutes more. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Pork and Beef Adobo with Beef Liver
Ingredients: 1 kilo beef1 kilo pork1/2 kilo beef liver1 clove garlic, minced2 cup wateratchueteground black peppersalt ...read more
King Cut Ribeye Steak Recipe
INGREDIENTS: 4 tablespoons olive oil divided Sea Salt Cracked black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ...read more
Making tapa from scratch is easy and delicious, your family will want to eat this ...read more