- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 medium carrot, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained and chopped fine
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- wonton wrapper, 1 package
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with the water
- 2 -3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- In a large bowl combine the pork, carrot, onion, water chestnut, bamboo shoots, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper.
- Stir mixture until thoroughly combined-at this point you can cover and stick in the fridge over night.
- I lay out about 10 wrappers at a time, roll the meat mixture into cigar shapes about finger thickness-be reasonable-and the length of the wrapper.
- Roll, brush ends with beaten egg and finish the roll to seal.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and repeat until done.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven, turning once for around 20 minutes.
- They should be cooked through and the wrappers are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- You can make these ahead of time and keep cooked lumpia in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen up to 4 weeks.
- To reheat (thaw if frozen) bake on baking sheet in a 450 oven for 10 minutes-turn rolls once.
- In a 3 quart saucepan mix together the brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Stir over high heat until sugar dissolves.
- Mix the cornstarch/water and add to the sugar mixture and stir until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in ginger.
- Makes 2/3 cup and you can double.
Source : Food
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Pork Pata Kare – Kare Recipe
https://youtu.be/h_oK-K_G6JI Ingredients 1 whole pork pata 1 pc. puso ng saging 2 bunches pechay 12 pcs. ...read more
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more