- 400 grams filo pastry
- 350 g ground beef (such as roast beef, Silverside, or shoulder)
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 cm ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped chilies
- 1 tsp sugar cane
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 150 grams rice noodles
- 60 grams butter
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- Two hours before preparing the spring rolls, thaw the frozen filo pastry dough.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. When the beef is no longer pink, remove from heat and reserve in a separate bowl. In the same pan, add the onion, paprika, chili, garlic, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. After two minutes, add the carrots and chopped chilies, sauteing for an additional 2 minutes.
- Return the meat back to the pan and season the filling with the sugar, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Cook for 3 minutes and finish with the parsley. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the directions on the package. Using scissors, cut the noodles into smaller pieces and mix with the meat and vegetable filling.
- Melt the butter either on the stove top or the microwave and let it slightly cool.
- To assemble the spring rolls, cut the filo dough into a square (used the dimensions 19 cm x 19 cm). Lay out one sheet and brush on the melted butter. Carefully lay another sheet directly on top and brush with more butter. Lay one last sheet on top.
- Position the filo sheets so that one corner is facing you; it should look like a diamond. Put one spoonful of the meat filling towards the bottom corner of the filo dough. Spread more butter on the edges of the filo sheets and roll up the spring rolls. Fold in the two corners as you would an envelope and continue rolling the spring roll. Brush butter on the end seam of the spring roll.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the spring rolls seam side down on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Serve warm.
Source: Cherry on my Sundae
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Beer Marinated Baked Wings
Ingredients: 1 kilo chicken wings, tip cut off, cut into leggie and wingette parts 200 ...read more
Beef and Eggplant Sauce
Ingredients: 3 cups eggplant, peeled and cut into bite size 250gm ground beef 2 cups ...read more