- 4 large chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 pounds cherry & small heirloom tomatoes, in a variety of colors
- 24-30 large basil leaves (2 large bunches)
- 1 pound mozzarella bocconcini or ciliegine
- 1½ boxes Barilla Protein Plus® Pasta of your choice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 large lemons
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- splash olive oil
- Earlier in the day, place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the balsamic vinegar into the bag. Seal the bag, making sure to “burp” out all the air. Shake the bag well to distribute the balsamic vinegar over the chicken. Marinate the chicken for at least a few hours to overnight. When the chicken breasts are finished marinating, place on a rimmed tray.
- Prepare your gas or charcoal grill. Grill the chicken over high heat, about 5 minutes per side. You want a nice char on the chicken, which will make great flavor. Once the chicken is done, set aside to rest & allow the juices to redistribute. Once the chicken is cool enough to touch, slice the chicken into bite-size pieces & set aside.
- Fill a large pasta pot with water & add salt. Bring to a boil.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, or in bite-size pieces, if a small heirloom tomato. Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl large enough to hold the chopped tomatoes, chicken, basil & mozzarella.
- Tear the basil leaves into smaller pieces & add to the tomatoes. Toss to combine.
- If using bocconcini, slice into quarters & add to the tomatoes & basil…if using ciliegine, add directly to the salad. Toss well to combine.
- Add the chicken to the other ingredients & toss well to combine.
- Finely mince the garlic & add directly to the bowl. Juice the lemons into the bowl. Add the salt, pepper & a healthy splash of olive oil to the bowl. Toss well to combine set aside.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook the pasta until al dente. Distribute the pasta evenly between 8 pasta bowls. Divide the balsamic chicken caprese salad evenly between the 8 pasta bowls, being sure to also distribute the dressing & juices over the pasta as well. Serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Roasted Chicken
https://youtu.be/gaUGXorVwj8 Ingredients: Whole Chicken Lemon Grass Lemon juice Onion Garlic Chili Ginger Olive oil Fish Sauce ...read more
How to Cook Lomi Recipe
https://youtu.be/cWkfo5U_5NY Ingredients. ¼ kilo of Pork/Pork Liver 1 big slice White onion 7 cloves slice Garlic ...read more
How to Cook Canton Bihon Recipe
https://youtu.be/QiOMyu2CKOc Ingredients: ½ kilo pancit bihon ½ Canton Noodles / Egg Noodles ¼ kilo Chicken Strips ...read more
Budget Ulam: Egg Tinola with Misua Soup Recipe
https://youtu.be/rsM_ha37UkQ Ingredients. 30 grams Slice Ginger 1 pc. Slice Onion 5 Cloves Slice Garlic 7 pcs. ...read more