- 1 big can (15oz) evaporated milk
- 1 big can(14oz) condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 aluminum molds (llanera) for leche flan
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 riped banana, mashed
For the Caramel:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, mix thoroughly sugar & water and pour into the molds equally. Heat molds with sugar and water mixture on low fire until the sugar is caramelized. Set aside and let cool. Note: The caramelized mixture should solidify once totally cooled.
- In a bowl, mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, vanilla, mashed banana, a dash of cinnamon and pinch of salt manually or by blender.
- Pour gently the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum molds to about 1 1/4 inch thick.
- Cover molds individually with aluminum foil. Steam for about 30 minutes OR bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- To tell whether the leche flan is already cooked, insert a knife on the mixture and if it comes out clean then the flan is already cooked.
- Let cool and keep refrigerated.
- How to serve: Run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the Leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the mold and turn upside down.
Easy Related Posts
Nana Ming’s Classic Custard Cake Recipe
Ingredients: For the caramel: 1 cup sugar 1/4 c water For the custard: 3 egg yolks 1 ...read more
Cookies and Cream Fudge Recipe
Ingredients: Pack of Oreo Cookies 500 grams of white chocolate 1 can of condensed milk Cooking ...read more
Buko Fruit Salad Recipe
Well, they said keep the Christmas everyday! Hence, one way to make feel like Christmas ...read more
Macaroni Salad Recipe
Are you searching for an easy snack or party dish? Well, lucky you cause we ...read more