Ingredients for the topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 ripe bananas
Ingredients for the cake batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
Procedure for the topping:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, pour in the brown sugar, stirring continuously. Once it caramelized, distribute evenly all over the bottom of a non-stick pan. Set aside and let it cool.
- Cut the bananas lengthwise and arrange them with minimum gaps (cut side down) over the dry caramel. Set aside.
Procedure for the cake batter:
- Preheat the oven 180°C.
- In a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients- flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl or on your electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and egg yolks.
- To this, add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk, mixing constantly on low speed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. With a spatula, fold the beaten egg whites to the batter.
- Pour the cake batter carefully over the prepared baking pan with the caramel and banana layer.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Make sure you’re inserting on the cake batter only and not on the bananas underneath.
- Remove from oven. Let it cool a bit.Flip the cake upside down on a serving dish while it is still a bit warm. Serve with a dash of whipped cream.
Source: Jane’s Kitchen
Easy Related Posts
Milo Turon Recipe
https://youtu.be/u0DZPQtHx4g Ingredients: 5 – 10 pcs. Banana 1 Sachet Milo 10 – 20pcs. Lumpia Wrapper Oil ...read more
No Bake Banana Cake with Goya Chocolate
https://youtu.be/bfNpR9OQFdk Ingredients: ripe bananas (lakatan) 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking ...read more
Banana Upside Down Cake with Chocolate Chips
Ingredients: 1/4 cup butter 1/2 cup brown sugar 2-3 ripe bananas (peeled and sliced) 1 ...read more
Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
Ingredients: For the bread: 1 large egg 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed 1/4 cup liquid-state ...read more