- 2 pounds of tenderloin beef
- soy sauce
- ground black pepper
- sesame oil and seeds
- 1 can of beef broth
- green onions
- green chili pepper.
- Make marinade sauce for 2 pounds of beef by mixing following: ½ cup soy sauce, 1 ts ground black pepper, ¼ cup sugar, 12 cloves minced garlic, 1 medium size onion (crushed), 1 small size of pureed Asian pear, ½ cup of water (can be replaced with cooking wine), and 1 tbs of honey.
- *tip: Using a food processor is very convenient.
- Prepare a large stainless bowl and pour the marinade sauce in it.
- Slice the beef thinly, against the grain, to make it tender.
- *tip: Keep the beef in the freezer for a few hours beforehand, then it will be easier to cut.
- Place the sliced beef into the marinade and add 1 or 2 tbs of sesame oil and some toasted sesame seeds. Mix it by hand and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, you can grill the meat on charcoal bbq, broil it in oven, or grill it on pan.
Bulgogi stew (bulgogi jungol)
- marinated bulgogi (the recipe from above), mushrooms, green onions, tofu or noodles, and green chili pepper.
- Prepare a big shallow skillet. Place colorful vegetables (mushrooms, carrot, and green onions cut into bite-size pieces) round the outside with tofu, and place the bulgogi in the center.
- Cut up a green chili pepper and place it on top of the bulgogi on the skillet.
- Mix 1 can of beef broth and 1-2 cans of water and add on the skillet.
- Close the lid and cook it about 5 -10 minutes. Open it to spread the bulgogi around, and then close the lid again
- Cook another 5-10 minutes over high heat and serve it.
*tip: To eat it, use a serving spoon or dipper to fill individual bowls of the stew.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Beer Marinated Baked Wings
Ingredients: 1 kilo chicken wings, tip cut off, cut into leggie and wingette parts 200 ...read more
Beef and Eggplant Sauce
Ingredients: 3 cups eggplant, peeled and cut into bite size 250gm ground beef 2 cups ...read more