- 2 lbs beef tripe
- 1 lb beef, cut into strips
- 6 cloves garlic (3 cloves crushed and 3 cloves minced)
- 1 onion, sliced (divided into two parts)
- 2 thumb sized ginger, (1 crushed and 1 julienned)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Knorr Beef Cubes
- 1 tsp. annatto powder
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- salt and pepper
- Clean beef tripe. Rinse it well in running water. Rub with rock salt and soak in a cup of vinegar for 15 minutes, then rinse again in running water. Parboil for about 15 minutes, discard water, rinse tripe again then drain.
- In a pot, put in 10 cups water, tripe and beef. Bring to a boil over medium heat until scum appears on the surface. Remove all the scum or brown bubbles that will form on top of the broth. Add 3 cloves crushed garlic, half of the onion, 1 thumb-sized crushed ginger, bay leaf, 1/2 Tbsp salt and 1/2 tsp peppercorns. Cook until both tripe and beef are tender, about 1 1/2 hrs.
- Remove tripe and beef from broth. Cut tripe into strips.
- In a skillet, saute garlic, onion and ginger in olive oil until onion is almost translucent. Add tripe and beef. Saute for 3 minutes. Add annatto powder and beef cubes. Saute until beef cubes ares melted.
- Add sauted mixture into the broth. Bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to suit your taste. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to individual serving bowls. Top with green onions and drizzle with lime/lemon. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Easy Related Posts
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
BANANA RHUM-A Turon | Patok na Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/i3bHFcJoY3A Ingredients: Saba Banana Lumpia wrapper 1/4 cup of margarine 2 tbsp Banana flavor 1 tbsp ...read more
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more
Crinkles Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/Govy9h9tc-k Ingredients: 1/2 cup Melted Chocolate 1 cup Cocoa powder 2 cup All-purpose flour 1 cup ...read more