Some call this dish “Bakareta”, but Kandereta is from a Spanish word “Caldereta” simply means stew. A common dish on different occasion on Pinoy’s table. This mouth-watering dish is cooked with tender beef, potatoes, and carrots stewed in tomatoe sauce. Originally a Goat Stew Cook in tomato sauce, potatoes, liver spread, olives, bell peppers and hot peppers. After it became popular healthy dish in Northern Luzon, there are many versions made. Some use beef, chicken, pork, and even fish.
However, beef became the most popular when it comes to kaldereta. You may cook beef with beef liver but if you can’t buy it, you may use liver paste instead since we all know it’s a bit expensive. The liver will give the dish a complementary texture and taste. For more authentic flavor, some usually do this dish with coconut milk and with extra chili. After all, it is the modified version of kalderetang baka, but still it’s your choice if you want to put coconut milk on it. Cook it the way you’ll love it.
- 1 Kg Beef, cubed
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup Liver Spread or Liver paste (processed using blender)
- 1 tsp. crushed Chili
- 3 large Bay Leaves
- 2 cups Potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups Carrots, cubed (small)
- 1 cup Cooking Oil
- 2/3 cup Green Olives (the salty and sour taste of green olives gives a very nice flavor for this dish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in the pan and fry the carrots and potatoes until color turns light brown.
- Remove the fried carrots and potatoes from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan where the vegetables were fried, sauté the garlic and onions.
- Put the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add water and let the beef boil until tender (about 30 minutes using a pressure cooker).
- Then add the tomato sauce and liver spread and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green olives, carrots, bay leaves, bell pepper,crushed chili,and potatoes and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Hot. Excellent with white rice.
Source : Best of Filipino Recipes
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Top 10 Beef Recipes
Beef Caldereta Recipe Ingredients: 1 Kg Beef, cubed 3 cloves Garlic, crushed and chopped 1 Onion, ...read more
Beef and Eggplant Sauce
Ingredients: 3 cups eggplant, peeled and cut into bite size 250gm ground beef 2 cups ...read more
Beer Battered Fish
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons Peanut oil, plus more for deep-frying About ...read more
Pingback: Top 10 Beef Recipes - Kusina Master Recipes™
Pingback: Top Recipes sa Handaan - Kusina Master Recipes™