- 4 cups (1 liter) water
- 1 lb (500 g) beef ribs or stewing beef, cut into pieces
- 4 small tomatoes, sliced or one 10-oz (300-g) can peeled tomatoes
- 4 finger-length green chilies (siling mahaba), whole
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 heaped tablespoons tamarind pulp mixed with
- 1 cup (250 ml) warm water, mashed and strained to obtain juice
- 3 potatoes (14 oz/400 g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 7 oz (200 g) green beans, cut into lengths
- 1 lb (500 g) water spinach, washed and trimmed, leaves and stalks separated, or 8 oz (250 g) spinach leaves, washed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis) or 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the beef, tomatoes, chilies, onion and tamarind juice, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the potato chunks and simmer for another 25 minutes. When the potatoes are tender, add the green beans and spinach stalks and cook for 3 minutes. Season with the fish sauce or salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook for another 3 minutes until the leaves are wilted. Serve hot with freshly steamed rice.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
King Cut Ribeye Steak Recipe
INGREDIENTS: 4 tablespoons olive oil divided Sea Salt Cracked black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ...read more
Skinny Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy Recipe
Ingredients: 1 1/2 tsp oil 3/4 cup onions, minced 1 lbs 93% lean ground beef ...read more
Best step to make Beef Morcon
Another popular Filipino dish commonly served on holidays and special occasions is morcon. This Filipino-style ...read more