The Filipino cuisine includes lots of native kakanin which are loved by many. One of these is bibingka. Commonly eaten during Christmas season. bibingka is a Philippine rice cake that is made with rice flour and coconut milk or water. Along with puto bumbong, this is commonly eaten in simbang gabi. There are variety of its recipe, depending on the ingredients used. Here we provide you the easier process contrary to the traditional preparation. Still the result is a soft and spongy large flat cake that is slightly charred on both surfaces and infused with that pleasantly unique aroma of the toasted banana leaves. Make it more tastier by adding toppings consist of butter/margarine, sugar, cheese, or grated coconut.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 75 grams cheese, grated
- 2 salted eggs, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 3 (5-inch) round baking pans with wax paper or banana leaves.
- In a bowl, combine rice flour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine water, eggs, sugar, coconut cream, and butter. Mix well.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients over wet ingredients, mixing with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined. Make sure there are no lumps. If lumps do form, strain mixture using a sieve.
- Fill prepared pans until three-fourths full. Top with grated cheese and salted egg.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more