- 3 cans (14 oz. can) coconut milk
- 4 cups sweet rice
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Pour coconut milk and about a cup of water into a pot and let it come to a simmer over medium heat. When simmering, add in the rice and stir constantly to prevent burning. Lower the heat if necessary. Preheat oven to 350F.
- When rice is fully cooked, sticky and almost dry (it will look like sticky risotto), about 10-15 minutes, add 1 cup brown sugar. (Note: If rice is already sticky but not yet fully cooked, add small amounts of water, stir and continue cooking. Rice must be fully cooked before it goes into the oven.) Stir well and take off heat. Pour into a lightly buttered 9×13 pan and smooth the top. Mix the remaining 1 cup brown sugar and coconut cream until smooth and pour it over the rice.
- Bake for about 1 hour or up to 1 1/2 hours, until topping is dark brown and has thickened. Cool slightly before serving.
Easy Related Posts
Milo Turon Recipe
https://youtu.be/u0DZPQtHx4g Ingredients: 5 – 10 pcs. Banana 1 Sachet Milo 10 – 20pcs. Lumpia Wrapper Oil ...read more
How to Make Banana Puto
https://youtu.be/-4Sdtt8e6yY Ingredients: 2 ripe bananas 1 pc egg 1 can (370ml) evaporated milk 2 tbsp melted butter 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup ...read more
Buko Pie Recipe
Ingredients: Pie Crust: 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp. salt 2/3 cup shortening 1 piece eggyolk ...read more
Nana Ming’s Classic Custard Cake Recipe
Ingredients: For the caramel: 1 cup sugar 1/4 c water For the custard: 3 egg yolks 1 ...read more