Bistek, also known as bistek tagalog or karne frita, is a Filipino dish consisting of thinly-sliced beefsteak braised in soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, ground black pepper, and onions cut into rings. It is a common staple in the Tagalog and Western Visayan regions of the Philippines. It is eaten over white rice
- ½ kilo beef
- ¼ cup calamansi juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 white onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- cooking oil
- Sliced the beef around ¼-inch thick. Mix calamansi and soy sauce in a mixing bowl, add pepper, garlic and beef. Mix the ingredients well. Refrigerate the mixture and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat the skillet. Pour cooking oil and increase the heat for oil to become very hot.
- Fry the slices of beef for about 3 minutes per each side or cook until brown. Do this in batches. Keep the marinade, it will be used later.
- When you are finished with the beef, stir fry the onion rings in the remaining oil. Put back the beef in the skillet, then pour the marinade. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the beef slices from the skillet and arranged it in a medium-sized platter. Topped with onion rings. Pour the sauce over the beef and onions. Best when served hot and with white rice.
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more