- 1 kilo shredded puso ng saging
- 4 slices of ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 100 gms ground pork or shrimp meat
- 2 pcs siling haba, chopped
- 1 can coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add salt to prepared puso ng saging, let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out the juice from the shredded heart.
- Sauté the ginger in the oil.
- When they turn golden brown, add the onions and the garlic.
- Sauté until it turns soft.
- Add in the ground pork or shrimp meat.
- Stir until cooked.
- Add the chopped banana heart and the vinegar.
- Cover and do not stir for around three minutes.
- Add the chillies.
- Mix everything inside the pan so the banana heart can absorb the flavor of the meat. Cook until the strips of banana heart are tender and soft.
- Add the coconut cream.
- Simmer for a few more minutes until the sauce becomes thick.
Boneless Crispy Pata
- 1 kilo pork, front leg (pata)
- 2 tbsps. whole black peppercorns
- 2 tbsps. rock salt
- 2 pcs. red onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, sliced
- 3 pcs. laurel leaves
- Water for boiling
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Spring onions for garnish
- Debone the pork leg and tie with butcher’s twine to make a log.
- Boil the pork leg in water with red onions, bay leaf, garlic, pepper corns, salt, carrots and celery for 1 ½-2 hours until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from the water and take out the twine, poke the skin with fork.
- Stuff pork pata with ginataang puso ng saging.
- Place the pork in room temp oil then heat the oil slowly.
- Cover the pot and towards the end, splash a little water into the oil to make the skin crispy. Set aside when done.
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a ...read more
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
https://youtu.be/Z2cH4bmE-os Ingredients ½ kg ground pork 1 pc carrot 1 pc onion diced 5 cloves garlic ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more