- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups boysenberries
- ¾ cup black walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, less 2 TB, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon) in a large bowl and stir together until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and applesauce until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined.
- To the berries, add the remaining 2 TB of the flour and coat well (this keeps them from bunching or sinking)
- Fold in berries and walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins (about a heaping ¼ cup of batter to each and bake for 18-23 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for at least fifteen minutes in the muffin tin. Remove, and allow them to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Easy Related Posts
Easy step to make Homemade Muffin
Ingredients: 260 grams all-purpose flour (about 2 cups) or pastry flour (2 1/4 cups), sifted ...read more
Puto Cheese With Eggs Whites Recipe
Ingredients: 4 cups flour 2 tablespoon of baking powder 2 cups white sugar 10 egg ...read more
A comforting cupful that’s reminiscent of all the best elements of Chinese and Filipino cooking, ...read more
Ham And Swiss Stromboli Recipe
Ingredients: 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham ...read more