- 1 rack pork (or beef) spare ribs, about 3 pounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon instant dashi (or chicken boullion)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- green onion, for garnish
- Using a sharp knife, separate each rib for easier cooking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the ribs and cook breifly for 3 to 4 minutes to help remove excess fat and blood from the meat.
- Drain the ribs in the sink.
- In a wide skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add the ribs and garlic and cook for a few minutes on either side until nicely browned.
- While the ribs are browning, prepare the sauce. Mix the salt, pepper, dashi, brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin, sake, and vinegar with a few cups of water, enough to cover the ribs. The water will cook down, so it doesn’t have to be exact!
- Once the ribs have browned, add them to the water. Cover and let simmer for 1 to 2 hours until the liquid has been reduced.
- Once the water gets low you need to watch it carefully, it can burn!
Easy Related Posts
Nilagang Tinolang Manok
https://youtu.be/HlgPpNB3VHk Ingredients: Manok Papaya or Sayote Patatas Pechay Malunggay Patis Bawang Sibuyas Asin, Paminta at magic ...read more
Pork Pata Kare – Kare Recipe
https://youtu.be/h_oK-K_G6JI Ingredients 1 whole pork pata 1 pc. puso ng saging 2 bunches pechay 12 pcs. ...read more
How to Make Marikina Everlasting/Hardinera (Marikina Style Meatloaf)
https://youtu.be/zz9pmyOpV3Y Ingredients 2 tablespoons canola oil 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly 1 onion, peeled and chopped ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more