- 1 kilo dressed chicken
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups glutinous rice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 5 tablespoons yellow ginger root juice (turmeric)
- 1/4 cup patis or fish sauce
- 1 medium-sized green pepper, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 pcs hard-boiled eggs, sliced salt to taste pepper banana leaf wilted over burner (remove midrib)
- Split chicken into desired serving pieces (8-12) at the joints.Clean and wash thoroughly and drain.
- Set aside. Wash glutinous (malagkit) rice 3 times. Drain well, set aside. Saute garlic, onions, and chicken in a saucepan over high heat.
- Cook until chicken is slightly browned. Add patis and ginger root juice. Add clean rice and cook for about 10 minutes. Prepare green peppers. Set aside.
- Peel yellow ginger, crush with mortar and pestle, squeeze, strain, and extract yellow juices. Add coconut milk to chicken mixture gradually. Stir. Cover. Cook until rice is almost done, adjust ing the flame so as not to scorch the pan.
- Prepare another heavy duty container. Line the bottom with wilted banana leaf, transfer chicken-rice mixture carefully to the layer of banana leaves.
- Cover with another layer of banana leaves and steam over low flame until rice is done.
Source: Panlasang Pinoy Meat Recipes
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more