If you are looking for a savory dish with lots of greens to watch your diet, then this recipe is the best for you to try. This savory meal includes beef and broccoli in oyster sauce would definitely be one of the go-to dishes. This beef and broccoli pair combination is made even more tastier with oyster sause, a certainly delicious ulam to go with rice. Plus, this dish is easy to prepare especially if you already have the ingredients on hand. One useful tips on this recipe is to let the meat sit with the flavorful marinade for an ample time while you get the delicious sauce and the
crispy broccoli flower heads going. After having these three components ready, everything will just be easy as tossing the ingredients into the pan and letting them cook. With just an ample of minutes, you can have this satisfying plate of beef and broccoli in oyster sauce.
- 1 pound broccoli flowerets
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 4 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and blanch for 2 to 3 minutes, until it is tender but still crisp. Remove from the saucepan, plunge briefly into ice cold water, and drain.
- In a small saucepan, bring the chicken broth, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, granulated sugar, sesame oil to a boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the cornstarch and water slurry, stirring to thicken.
- Pour the sauce over the blanched broccoli.
- Serve hot, garnished with the sesame seeds.
Source: Chinese Food