- 1.5 pounds fresh salmon fillets, pat dry (I used skin on)
- ¼ cup honey
- salt & pepper
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (1 tablespoon)
- Juice of 1 lemon (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- Zest of lemon, lime and orange (optional)
- 8 flour tortillas, heated in oven until crisp on outside and chewy on the inside (optional)
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, chopped
- avocados, diced
- sweet corn kernels
- red onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush salmon fillets generously with honey and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place in a foil-lined pan (skin side down). Set aside.
- In a light-colored pot, over medium heat, add butter.
- Allow butter to melt, stirring often.
- When butter has melted continue to stir as the butter begins to foam and bubble slightly.
- Keep stirring or swirling the butter constantly as the butter solids begin to turn golden in color and release a fragrant aroma.
- *Remove butter from heat immediately and pour into a heatproof bowl. (brown butter can burn fast)
- Let cool.
- Stir in lime juice, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic powder, honey, salt and pepper into the brown butter.
- Pour over salmon fillets.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Turn the oven to a low broil and broil for about 2-3 minutes (watch carefully) or until salmon is flaky and tender.
- Remove from oven and shred salmon. (add citrus zest if desired)
- Place salmon in prepared tortilla shells and top with toppings.
- Drizzle on citrus brown butter sauce.
*Brown butter can burn fast so remove it from heat and place in a heatproof bowl as soon as butter begins to become golden and release a fragrant aroma. Butter will continue to cook even when it’s been removed form heat so you don’t want the butter to get too brown. A light golden color is perfect.
Source: Divas Can Cook
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more