- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 3×3 inch dried kelp piece
- 1/2 onion, peeled, left whole
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp
- 5 dried anchovies, guts removed
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced on a bias
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 can spam, sliced
- 4 ounces pork belly, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 4 ounces tofu, sliced
- 1 cup rice cakes, fresh
- 1 package instant ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp Korean red chili powder (gochugaru)
- 1 tbsp Korean red chili paste (gochujang)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- Prepare dashi broth. Combine all ingredients from dried mushrooms to water in a medium stock pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and strain stock, discarding ingredients.
- Heat wide pot over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and saute onion, carrot and garlic. Cook until onions have softened, about 3-4 minutes. Arrange the spam, pork belly, kimchi, tofu and rice cakes in the pot. Pour in the dashi broth and bring to a boil.
- Mix together the seasoning spice from the red chili powder to the rice wine. Add to the soup and mix together. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles and cook until done, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more