- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 piece eggyolk
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1/4 cup ice water
Buko Pie Filling:
- 4 cups coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 300 ml. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- Buko Pie Cooking Instructions – How To Make Buko Pie:
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening using two knives or a pastry cutter.
- Combine the egg yolk, vinegar and water. After that, slowly add the liquid to the flour mixing until dough can be handled.
- Divide the dough into 2; one part slightly bigger than the other. Roll bigger dough to about 2 inches larger than a 16-inch pie plate.
- Fit dough into a pie plate, letting sides hang.
- Roll out remaining dough for the crust.
- Set it aside for a while.
- Combine filling ingredients in a thick saucepan.
- Cook and sti constantly to thicken. Cool then pour into prepared crust.
- Cover with top crust; flute or crimp edges together to seal.
- Bake for 1 – 1.5 hrs. at 425 degrees F.
Easy Related Posts
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
Cheesy Pandesal Recipe
https://youtu.be/8-GKJmmLCpA Ingredients: 4 cups of Flour Cheese for fillings ¼ cup of butter 2 pcs. Eggs ...read more
How to Make PUTONG BIGAS
https://youtu.be/Shn6SqCqx5k INGREDIENTS: 4 cups of rice flour 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar 2 tsp ...read more
How to Make Kalabasa Dunot Recipe (Healthy Meryenda)
https://youtu.be/LFpiJtsZ1zk Ingredients: ½ whole slice of Kalabasa 1 cup of Powder milk 1 cup Sugar 2 ...read more