Whether it’s served as a main on a bed of hot, freshly-cooked rice, or as a crunchy appetizer with plenty of ice-cold beer or soda, calamares with garlic mayo dip is amazing and easy to put together. Imagine tasty squid covered in crispy breading and served with deliciously cool and creamy garlic dip—and instead of being a treat in the bar with your friends or at the restaurant with your family, now you can make this recipe whenever you want from the comfort of your kitchen. Just be careful not to overcook or undercook any of the squid rings as they can get very rubbery when they’re not prepared properly. The tanginess of the dip can be attributed to the added lemon juice—you can also throw in a dash of Tabasco sauce if you want more of a kick to your dip.
- 1/2 lb medium to large sized squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 piece raw egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
For Garlic Mayo Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- One half tsp white pepper
- Combine squid, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a cooking pot the pour-in cooking oil.
- Dredge the squid in flour then dip in beaten egg and roll over breadcrumbs.
- When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the squid until the color of the coating turns brown. Note: This should only take about 2 to 3 minutes in medium heat. Do not overcook the squid.
- Remove the fried squid from the cooking pot and transfer in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Mix Garlic Mayo Dip ingredients in a bowl and serve with calamares.
- Share and enjoy!
Easy Related Posts
Adobong Bangus (Milkfish)
Adobong Bangus – Adobo (a Filipino dish simmered in vinegar and soy sauce) is a ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Butter Garlic Spicy Squid Recipe
https://youtu.be/i0ZbV7SeCO0 Ingredients 1/2 kg squid (clean and cut) 100 grams. Butter 2 tbsp tomato paste ¼ ...read more
Sweet N Sour Fish Fillet
https://youtu.be/8k9GKvEPAaM Ingredients: 1kg Fish Fillet 1 cup flour 4 tbsp cassava flour oil for frying and ...read more