This dish is one of the popular Italian pasta. Carbonara is made with eggs, cheese, bacon, and black pepper. Spaghetti is usually used as the pasta; however, fettuccine noodles can also be used. Originally, carbonara on the Italian tradition style is not really cooked with cream, but as it was adopted and cooked by different nationalities, there grow a lot of variations in cooking it. there are variation of it depending on the ingredients used, like veggies (you can also add one if you want, but be sure it complements well with the other ingredients). Western countries don’t eat much of rice, they depend on pasta and breads as the source of carbohydrates. But what’s more interesting is that, even though you take loads of this, you won’t get obese. Hence, carbonara is healthy, and yet savory!
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 4 Slices of Bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp of Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper and Salt, to taste
- 8 oz of Dried Spaghetti
- Fill a large pot with water sprinkle in a generous pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
- In a large nonstick skillet with high sides, preheat the olive oil over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook for a few minutes until the bacon starts to cook and crisp at the edges but it’s not totally cooked. Add the onions, season with a little salt and good amount of freshly cracked black pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or so.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, cream and parmiggiano reggiano, season with a little salt and a good amount of black pepper.
- At this point the pasta should be perfectly cooked al dente and drain it well
- Remove the skillet with the bacon mixture from the stove and add in the drained pasta. Working very quickly, add in your sauce and mix until every strand of spaghetti is covered with that velvety sauce.
- Plate up right away and enjoy!
Source: Laura in the Kitchen
Easy Related Posts
Kakaibang Pwedeng Gawing Negosyo Pasta Crispy Crackers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-yrFTIsHE Ingredients 200g Macaroni Pasta 2 Liter Water Salt 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour 3 Tbsp Cornstarch ...read more
Spaghetti with Meatballs
https://youtu.be/0-baNrJjb5Y Ingredients: 250 grams ground pork or beef 500 grams spaghetti pasta ( cook according to ...read more
How to Cook Lomi Recipe
https://youtu.be/cWkfo5U_5NY Ingredients. ¼ kilo of Pork/Pork Liver 1 big slice White onion 7 cloves slice Garlic ...read more
How to Cook Canton Bihon Recipe
https://youtu.be/QiOMyu2CKOc Ingredients: ½ kilo pancit bihon ½ Canton Noodles / Egg Noodles ¼ kilo Chicken Strips ...read more