Have you ever sunk your teeth into the sweet, soft, golden brown Cassava cake, made from grated cassava and rich coconut milk? If you haven’t, you’re missing half of your life.
Usually served as dessert in town fiestas and parties, or as merienda in simple family gatherings, Cassava cake is a treat worth waiting for. Now you can add a twist to the traditional delicacy by throwing in sweet macapuno strips! Treat your family to a wonderful dessert now with this easy Cassava-Macapuno Cake recipe!
- 2 packages (4 cups) grated cassava
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 bottle sweetened macapuno/coconut strips (use 3/4 only)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, melted for baking tray
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
Toppings Mixture for Cassava Cake:
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 remaining of sweetened macapuno/coconut strips
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter.
- Add sugar when needed (your preferred taste).
- Spread the melted butter or margarine evenly in a baking pan.
- Pour in cassava mixture.
- Bake in 350 F degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After 45 minutes when the cassava is dried on top pour the Topping Mixture.
- Return to oven and broil for another 10-15 minutes until the topping becomes brown.
- Remove from oven and top with grated cheddar cheese.
Easy Related Posts
Milo Turon Recipe
https://youtu.be/u0DZPQtHx4g Ingredients: 5 – 10 pcs. Banana 1 Sachet Milo 10 – 20pcs. Lumpia Wrapper Oil ...read more
How to Make Banana Puto
https://youtu.be/-4Sdtt8e6yY Ingredients: 2 ripe bananas 1 pc egg 1 can (370ml) evaporated milk 2 tbsp melted butter 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup ...read more
Buko Pie Recipe
Ingredients: Pie Crust: 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp. salt 2/3 cup shortening 1 piece eggyolk ...read more
Nana Ming’s Classic Custard Cake Recipe
Ingredients: For the caramel: 1 cup sugar 1/4 c water For the custard: 3 egg yolks 1 ...read more