- 1 cup glutinous rice (malagkit na bigas)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk (gata ng niyog)
- 2 tablets pure chocolate tablea (tablet-like solid chocolate)
- Pinch of salt
- Wash rice well and drain. Put the rice in a medium sized pot with the 3 cups water.
- Cover the rice and water and over high heat let it boil for 8 to 10 minutes. Lower heat to medium and stir rice to prevent from burning or sticking to bottom.
- Chop the chocolate tablets coarsely. Add the chopped chocolates and the sugar to the rice mixture. Toss in the pinch of salt, and keep stirring. The chocolate will melt within the cooked rice, which by now looks like thick porridge.
- After about 6 minutes, add the coconut milk just before removing the champorado from the stove top. Serve this warm for breakfast, or cold for “merienda” (an afternoon snack).
Champorado can be eaten warm at breakfast and is typically served with salty dishes, like dried fish herring (tuyo). It is also good served cold when eaten during “merienda”, or the afternoon snack. Keep this refrigerated if there are any leftovers. When reheating, add a little milk or water if rice dries up or gets clumpy.
Easy Related Posts
Special Pancit Canton Recipe
Pancit Canton it is a type of Lo Mein or tossed noodles known as flour ...read more
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
Cheesy Pandesal Recipe
This is because the famous bread originated from a need to turn to innovation when ...read more
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more