- 2 lbs. medium to large red potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. shredded medium cheddar
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh chives
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- sour cream and additional chopped chives, for optional garnish
- In a large sauce pan or pot, boil potatoes in water just until tender, about 12 minutes or so, depending on the size of your potatoes. Drain and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Slice potatoes into 1/4” rounds, leaving skins on.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp yet chewy. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Once cooled, chop into 1/4″ to 1/2″ size pieces.
- Drain all bacon fat from the skillet, except to leave about 1 tablespoon. Return skillet to stove top over medium heat and add the butter. Once butter is melted, add the onion and gently sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Then stir in the garlic and sauté for 3 to 5 more minutes, or until onion is softened but not charred. Remove mixture to a small bowl.
- Remove skillet from heat and layer half of the potato rounds into the bottom of the skillet. Top with half of the onion and garlic mixture, half of the chopped bacon, half of the cheese, and half of the chives. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Layer on the remaining potato rounds, topped with the remaining onion and garlic mixture, bacon, cheese, and chives. Sprinkle again with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and a bit browned. Remove from oven and let cool just a minute or two. Then top the cheesy potatoes with sour cream and additional chives, or just serve these condiments on the side.
Source: A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Easy Related Posts
Tofu Sisig Recipe
https://youtu.be/cfjybFwwpio Ingredients 6 pcs Tokwa/ Tofu (dice) 1 pc white onion ( dice) 3 cloves garlic ...read more
Egg Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/8u-5KpGPve4 Ingredients 8 pcs Boiled egg ½ cup mayonnaise 1 pc red bell pepper ( small ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Super Easy Yema Spread
https://youtu.be/w0Lvzip2tUw Ingredients: 2 pcs. Egg Yolks 1 can of Condensed Milk 1 pack of Cream ...read more