- 1 chicken (2 lbs/1 kg), cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) thick coconut milk or
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut cream mixed with 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2–4 finger-length green chilies (siling mahaba), whole
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh turmeric root or
- 11/2 teaspoons turmeric powder (curry powder)
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Filipino vinegar (suka) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cooking oil
- Combine the Marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the chicken and mix well. Marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator. Drain the chicken and reserve the Marinade.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and stir-fry the marinated chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved Marinade and the coconut milk or cream, and simmer, uncovered, over low heat until the sauce thickens and the oil separates from the milk, about 30 minutes.
- Add the chilies and season with the fish sauce. Stir to mix well and serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more