- 2 chickens (or 4 whole bone-in chicken breasts) halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Dressing, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup Barbecue Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Barbecue Seasoning
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups paprika
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 3/4 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Rinse chicken halves in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a large bowl or baking dish, coat with Italian dressing and evenly season with Neely’s Barbecue Seasoning. For best results, allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- If cooking inside: Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and brush chicken with Neely’s Barbeque Sauce.
- Place into a preheated 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- If grilling outside: Thirty minutes before you’re ready to cook, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. Preheat the grill to a medium temperature, about 275 degrees F preferably over hickory and charcoal.
- Place the chicken halves on grill, meat side down. Cover grill and cook for about 50 minutes. Flip chicken over and let it brown until the chicken becomes golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. The wing and the drumstick should become very tender and will easily pull away at the joints. Brush the chicken with Neely’s Barbecue Sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, except the oil and salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Keep in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Easy Related Posts
Easy Macapuno Tarts Recipe
Tarts are typically free-standing with firm pastry base consisting of dough, itself made of flour, ...read more
Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Butter is a much more delicious fat to use when cooking something as simple as ...read more
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more