- 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. of minced garlic
- 2 shallots (or 1 onion), thinly sliced
- a 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 small chicken, about 1 kg., cut into serving size pieces
- patis (fish sauce), to taste
- about 4 c. of coconut water
- meat of 1 to 2 coconuts, shredded
- a bunch of green leafy vegetables
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot. Saute the garlic, ginger and shallots just until softened.
- Add the chicken pieces. Drizzle in some patis. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Pour in the coconut water. Drizzle in more patis. Bring to a gentle boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Taste the broth and season with more patis, if needed, before adding the coconut meat and greens. Simmer for five minutes or until the leaves are wilted.
- Serve hot.
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more