- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pod cardamom
- 1 clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- chili powder to taste
- 1 1/2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- lemon juice, to taste
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof pot over medium heat. Add cardamom, clove, and cinnamon stick. Stir in chopped onions, and fry until golden brown. Stir in garlic and ginger. Stir in chicken pieces, and fry about 3 minutes. Stir in chili powder, and cook several minutes. Stir in tomatoes, and cook about 5 minutes. Mix yogurt with 3 tablespoons water and lemon juice; stir into sauce.
- Cover pot, and bake in a preheated oven until the sauce is somewhat thickened and concentrated, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until it is half cooked, about 7 minutes. Drain rice, and stir into chicken and sauce. Stir in butter, season to taste with salt, cover pot, and bake 1 hour. Stir in mint and cilantro immediately before serving.
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more