- Chicken with bone – 800 grams
(Take about 1 kg of whole chicken then cut them into 4 – 5 pieces)
- Yogurt – 1 cup.
- Cashew nuts paste – ¼ cup.
- Melon seed (charmagaz) paste – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Fried onion paste – 2 nos.(medium)
(Fried onion in ghee, when onion is become light brown paste it.)
- Salt – to taste.
- Green Chili Pate – 3 nos.
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 2 tsp.
- Prepared masala – 1 tsp.
(Dry roast 4 green cardamoms , 4 cloves, ½” cinnamon stick, ¼ piece
- nutmeg, ½ piece mace, 3 – 4 no white pepper and paste with little bit water)
- White oil – 2 tbsp.
- Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Make a smooth paste with yogurt, cashew nuts and melon seed.
- Make another paste of fried onion, garlic, ginger and masala paste.
- Clean chicken piece .In a mixing bowl put chicken pieces and add yogurt mixture paste, next add fried onion – garlic – ginger – masala paste.
- Finally mix all the rest ingredients except sugar into chicken and Mix well.
- Marinate for at least 2 -3 hours.
- Heat a deep bottom pan and put white oil, when it becomes hot take out only chicken pieces from the marination and keep it for later use.
- Fry the chicken pieces when it changes colour to white pour the rest marination gravy and mix well.
- Now add sugar and further mix well.
- Covering it and cook for 10 minutes in low flame.
- When the oil is coming on the top the gravy and the gravy gets thicker put 1 cup hot water and cook further for 15 minutes with low flame.
- Remove from heat and it is ready to serve with any Indian bread
Source : Ume’s Kitchen