- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 kilo chicken, cut up
- 1 cup ham slices (optional)
- 1/4 kilo pork slices
- 1 cup red and green pepper bells, diced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, soaked in water
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 green onions, cut 5 cm. long
- 1 cup stock or water
- Fry chicken and pork slices in hot shortening.
- Add onions, ham, mushrooms and celery. Pan-fry a few minutes.
- Then add soy sauce, chestnuts,bamboo shoots, cauliflower, and carrots. Add 1 c. stock and cook a few minutes more or until cauliflower is done.
- Add the cornstarch paste and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- A few minutes before serving, add shredded cabbage and cut green onions.
- Add more soy sauce and seasonings as desired.
- Serve hot. Good for 6 persons.
Source: Filipino Food Junkie
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more