If you are craving for the savory taste of chicken cordon bleu and you can’t grab it from restaurants, well, here is a simple easy recipe for you. The dish doesn’t literally colored blue as what it is called, it is generally a meat wrapped around cheese (or with cheese filling), breaded, and pan—fried or deep fried. The original cordon bleu is filled with cheese from Switzerland around 1940’s and first mentioned in a cookbook from 1949. Its earliest reference in “The New York Times” is dated 1967, while similar veal recipes are found from at least 1955. While in French, cordon bleu when translated means “Blue Ribbon”. Nowadays, modifications and variations now exist in the preparation of this Cordon bleu. Like for instance, instead of being fried, the chicken can be baked such as in this recipe here. Among Muslims, the halal version of chicken Cordon bleu is also popular; the chicken is rolled around beef or mutton instead of pork product. Other common variations include omitting the bread crumbs, wrapping the ham around the chicken, or using bacon in place of the ham.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of cheese and ham on top of each breast.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Coat with bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more