- 1 whole chicken (ask your trusted butcher to debone and keep the bones for the gravy)
For the stuffing
- 1/2 kilo ground pork (for a less fatty version, you may use ground chicken)
- 3/4 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup sliced Vienna sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped salami
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickle relish
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 boiled eggs, peeled (to be stuffed inside the bird)
- 1/2 cup butter, for rubbing the bird
For the gravy
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- chicken bones cooked in 2 to 3 cups of water (simmer for at least 30 minutes, drain)
- pan drippings
- (tip: add 1/2 cup water in the pan and heat up so you can scrape off all the pan drippings for flavor)
- Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing. To taste if the seasoning is okay, get a small portion and form into a patty. Pan-fry then taste, add more salt and pepper if needed. Stuff the mixture inside the deboned chicken.
- Make sure you sew in any of the stuffing tight so that it will not burst while baking. Slather and massage the butter all over the bird.
- Place chicken on top of a wire rack and bake, breast side up, for 35 to 45 minutes in a preheated 350F oven. When the skin starts to brown cover with foil and continue cooking so that the skin will not burn. The drippings collected in the pan will be used for gravy.
- Make the gravy: In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic and shallots. Sweat until fragrant.
- Add flour and cook through.
- Pour in chicken stock and pan drippings. Stir well and cook until slightly thick.
- Serve chicken galantina with gravy on the side.
Image: The Hungry Giant
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more