- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Place the flour, salt, pepper and half of the thyme in a sturdy plastic food storage bag, seal and shake to combine.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces into the beaten egg, letting the excess drip back into the bowl, then transfer to the bag.
- Seal and shake to coat the chicken in the flour mixture. Transfer the coated chicken pieces to a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil shimmers, place the chicken pieces in the pan, smooth side down. Cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown, then turn the pieces over and cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown on the second side.
- Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Stir in the onions, garlic and remaining thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Add the wine and vinegar; cook, stirring to scrape up any browned bits, for about 3 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in the tomato paste, then the broth and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, along with any accumulated juices.
- Turn the chicken pieces to coat them with the liquid, then cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until the temperature of the thickest part of a chicken piece registers 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer to a serving platter or individual plates, spoon the sauce over the chicken, and serve.
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more