Chicken Sotanghon Soup is a Filipino version of chicken noodle soup. This soup dish makes use of shredded chicken and sotanghon noodles. It also has carrots and cabbage. Adding roasted garlic, scallions, and seasoning with fish sauce makes it stand out.
- 8 oz vermicelli (bean thread) noodle
- 6 dried shitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken meat (I used rotisserie chicken meat)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce or 2 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Chopped green onions
- Soak bean thread noodles in warm water for 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Soak shitake mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water. Discard the stems and thinly slice the caps. Set aside.
- Heat a pot over medium heat. Add oil and sauté garlic until golden brown. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and chicken meat; sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce (or salt), white pepper and broth, bring to a boil. Add drained noodles and cook for 3 -5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Transfer to a soup bowl. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more