- 3 large onions, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 4 burger buns
- Begin caramelizing the onions: in a skillet over low heat, saute onions in oil until softened and dark brown in colour, 1-2 hours. The longer the better!
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, teriyaki sauce, panko crumbs, egg, cilantro, red chili flakes, garlic, green onions, ginger and Worcestershire sauce. Using your hands, form into 4 patties, place on a plate, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour*.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill burgers about 5 minutes per side until cooked all the way through. Place cheese on top of patties and cook for a minute longer until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, grill pineapple slices, about 3 minutes per side, until charred.
- Serve patties on burger buns, topped with a slice of pineapple and a scoop of caramelized onions.
- Refrigerating the burger patties for an hour is optional, but it is strongly recommended. It firms up the patties so that they’re easier to grill and don’t stick to the grill quite as much. Plus, letting them sit for a while lets all the wonderful flavours combine!
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more