- 6 whole grain waffles, toasted and ground in a food processor
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup waffle crumbs (from the 6 waffles)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp wondra flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the ingredients for the chicken meatballs to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes. While the meatball mixture is chilling you can make the maple-bourbon glaze.
- Add the olive oil to a small pan over medium-low heat. Add the crushed garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Next add in the bourbon and cook for 1 minute. Add the beef broth, teriyaki, sriracha, and maple syrup and cook on low for 15 minutes until it reduces. Sprinkle the Wondra flour into the pan and whisk until there are no lumps. Let come to a boil and thicken for 2 minutes then remove to a bowl to cool. Once cooled pour into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the remaining waffle crumbs into a shallow dish. Take a spoonful of the meatball mixture and place it in the waffle crumbs. Repeat until all the meatballs are done.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with canola oil and fry the meatballs in batches over medium heat until browned.
- Put the fried meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 7 minutes until cooked through inside.
- Serve with the maple-bourbon glaze.
- You might want to double the recipe for the glaze!
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
Adobong Manok sa Gata is a version of Filipino Chicken Adobo that includes coconut milk. ...read more
Homemade Max Style Fried Chicken
https://youtu.be/RFNTWQcDjU0 Ingredients: 1 whole of Chicken 10 pcs. Calamansi 5 stem of Lemon grass 1 pc ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more