- 1 lb chopped stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 14 oz can vegetable broth
- 7 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 14 oz can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1½ cups water
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 14 oz diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped, thinly sliced cabbage
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh herb sprigs such as thyme or rosemary, to serve (optional)
- sour cream and/or parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the beef until browned.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the beef to a 4-quart crockpot (or similar size).
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic, canned and fresh tomatoes, stock, broth, water, herbs, vinegar, and beans.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, or until the beef is almost tender.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 1 hour on high or until tender.
- Taste and add more vinegar if necessary.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh herb sprigs if liked.
Source: Amazing Soup Recipes
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Papaitan(Beef Tripes ) Recipe
https://youtu.be/kQkcCwwCTAw Ingredients: Beef tripes and beef trimmings (boiled) Slice Ginger, Chili and Bay leaf Slice Onion ...read more
Pork and Beef Adobo with Beef Liver
Ingredients: 1 kilo beef1 kilo pork1/2 kilo beef liver1 clove garlic, minced2 cup wateratchueteground black peppersalt ...read more
King Cut Ribeye Steak Recipe
INGREDIENTS: 4 tablespoons olive oil divided Sea Salt Cracked black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ...read more
Making tapa from scratch is easy and delicious, your family will want to eat this ...read more